Wednesday 8 June 2011

Bini goes camping...

This could be utterly disastrous. It's been yonks since I've gone camping, so this weekend promises to be one of two things: Awesome as hell, or hilarious (for everyone else while I throw hissy fits).

So it's Probe Fest - The Annual get together for members of Pauls car club. Probe Fest sounds kinda dirty so I'm gonna stick with Fest instead... Starts tomorrow (Thursday) and ends Sunday.

I started planning/packing at the beginning of this week, expecting the weather to be warm and sunny. I'd be forgiven for thinking it might be, given that it's almost mid-June and therefore Summer. However, I'm also a complete retard because somewhere in my romantic, hippy vision of camping out in the sunset with Paul and company, I forgot that this is England and the weather is about as reliable as getting an ant to change a lightbulb.

So with this now in mind, I've unpacked everything and am now in the process of trying to figure out what would work for all weather situations. So, jeans, leggings, strappy tops, t-shirts, underwear, socks, hoodie, waterproof jacket, trainers, flat shoes wellies and flip flops. And a dress. Because I'm an optimist like that ;)

With facilities on the campsite such as 3-star rated shower and toilet blocks, and electricity, I'm going to go all out glam and take my hairdryer. Thats right. A FRICKIN HAIRDRYER. Because I'm just that hardcore, haha.

I'll more than likely have lots of pics which I'll upload onto trusty Facebook whenever I can be bothered. I might link a few here ;)

So here comes a weekend of cars, mud, rain, fashion disasters, possible tantrums, shower-sharing and tent-nookie... Wish me luck!

-B xx

1 comment: