Sunday 5 June 2011

Thanks

Oof! Still a bit mardy over the whole family/non-family situation, but my boyfriend Paul gave me some perspective that night: If people can't be bothered to make the effort with me, then they sure as hell don't deserve my anger, tears or any further thought.

While that's easier said than done for someone like me (who's like a dog with a bone, I find things hard to let go of) it's getting easier as I let the days pass. As far as I'm concerned, my family are the people *I* choose to be in my life, not the people I share DNA with. Though I'm pretty certain that I must have been swapped at birth.

So this is an appreciative post to my family:

Mummy Christine and Poppy Andy - You're better parents to me than my own. You took me in when I needed it, you looked after me when I was sick, you supported me emotionally and financially. You're both true friends and I could't ask for better people in my life. I'm blessed to know you both. Thank you  for absolutely everything.

Paul - I love you - You're literally my everything. I love every minute we spend together, and I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend. You're loving, supportive, funny, strong and amazing. I hope we get to spend many, many years together. The idea of growing old and grey with you makes me smile and feel all warm and fuzzy :-P And to think one "big sigh" was the start of something amazing. Mwah xx

Antonio - Wa wa we wah! You're the male version of me, which makes you awesome. I know you're my brothers best friend, but you're like an actual brother to me. We've got a weird little friendship and although it's been years since we've actually seen each other, I love how we're always in touch. You're the best surrogate-bro a girl could have. Long live Tesco tropical juice.

... I'm actually struggling to think of anyone else to put here. I guess I have a small family but it's the people I hold dearest to me... And that's all I need :)

-B xx

1 comment:

  1. :( You didnt mention me :(
    Jokes, Bini, I knows you love me :D
    Glad you have someone as awesome as Paul to keep you at your normal level of insanity!!

    Miss you loads and loves you just as much :D

    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete