Monday 27 June 2011

You wonder how I manage it...

A brand spanking new laptop as a birthday present from Paul, and a month after owning it I manage to get a devastating virus on the damn thing!

It soaked up all my files and held them to ransom. And before you think I'm being a drama queen, it actually - LITERALLY - held them to ransom.

Something that fooled me into thinking it was Vista Recovery basically hijacked my hard drive, worked overtime and raped and pillaged all my filesand programs before shoving a message which equated to "Fork out or you wont get your shit back, bitch."

Problem was that if you pay them, you'll effectively subscribe to them and will have to keep paying them in order to have access to your files. What a jip.

So Paul's wonderful friend who works as an IT Manager sent me over a new hard drive and a spangly disc with Windows 7 on it. Such a legend. I'm now back online and will possibly punch myself in the face if I manage to get a virus on here.

Pro-tip: Random websites = DEATH.

So other than wishing I was at Glastonbury, there isn't a great deal that I've been up to. Started shopping for  schmancy frock to wear to my companies Annual Summer Ball. Not sure I can actually out-do myself from last years gorgeous vintage 50s style dress:



Ok, so I posed like a tard. So what. I had a few too many jagerbombs and yucky champagne/wine/various other spirits and beers.

I think I'll go the opposite of quirky and vintage this year - I'm thinking sleek and minimal. Classic and sexy. Obviously this wont carry off well after a few drinks as I'll probably be face down in my dessert... But I can try ;)

-B xx

No comments:

Post a Comment