Tuesday 31 May 2011

Screw you, stomach!

Alright, I'm only 5'2" and up until about a year ago, I weighed 7 and a half stone.

Somewhere in my insane contentment and newly discovered love of anything edible, I've managed to pile on another stone and a half (For you yanks, I now currently weigh 123 lbs. NOT COOL!!)

So along with my failure to train for the 5k Race For Life I'm doing in 3 weeks time, I've also neglected to pay attention to the copious amounts of junk food I've been shoving into my body. I know, I sit around on my arse all day because I work in an office. I eat to cure boredom.

So I figure it needs to change. I'm not liking this "tiny" pot belly I see when I look in the mirror. Paul says it's cute and he likes it - I think he's batshit insane.

So today after work I went for a short run (I'm sooo unfit. It nearly killed me). I then came home, did a bunch of stretches, lunges, 15 sit ups. Then some more stretches, then another 15 sit ups. I did that over and over and over. I did 75 sit ups total.

Also adjusted my diet. I've bought a fuckton of fruit (Expensive!!), eating healthier dinners, cutting out coffee, sweets and sugar where I can (the odd treat will be allowed as I'm not perfect - yet!) and the excercise thing shall continue.

Target weight? The 7.5 stone I was before - That's 105 lbs. Meaning I have to lose an almighty 18 lbs. I'm sure it can be done, I just need to stick with my plan and be tough on myself.

I guess I'm lucky that I haven't gone up a dress size, I'm still a UK size 8. The weight has gone to my tits and arse - All good in that respect, but now I'm noticing a belly bulge. So I gotta get rid of it quicker than a serial killer getting rid of bodies under the porch.

I've never done this healthy eating/dieting bollocks before, so hopefully I can stick to it and reach my goal, then maintain my weight :)

Ambitious? Can't think of anything better to be :)

-B xx

2 comments:

  1. Good luck dear! Losing weight sucks, I'll just be honest, but if my 5'0" butt can get rid of 25lbs. to go from 145(gasp!) to 120, I know you can do it. A little tip, stay away from artificial sweeteners too. I think a little bit of sugar, for expamle my sweet tea, is better than a little bit of aspartame, saccharin or sucralose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good advise - I didn't have any sugar or caffiene today (I love my sweet coffee!!) but have been in such a crappy mood because I've deprived myself. I think I'll let myself have one coffee a day instead of going cold turkey lol x

    ReplyDelete